siggi’s dairy is seeking a Sales Director East – Grocery.
We are looking to hire a motivated and ambitious professional with expertise in delivering the best in class retail sales, broker and distribution structure, and management. Develop and deliver short to medium term regional strategies in accordance with the company objectives. Delivery of the volume, revenue, and gross profit targets as agreed in the annual budget process.
siggi’s is a very fast growing all natural yogurt brand. Our yogurt is available nationally through retailers such as Whole Foods, Stop & Shop, Wegmans, Kroger, Publix, Albertsons/Safeway, and more. To read more about us, go to www.siggis.com
We are a fun, tightly knit team. The work environment is friendly and informal.
The ideal candidate should possess knowledge of but not limited to:
- Key Retail Customers
- Harris Teeter
- Shop Rite
- Key Distributor Customers
- Associated Grocers
- People Management (1)
- Northeast Regional Manager
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve annual budgeted sales and profit for the region
- Build medium term region and account strategy in line with overall company objectives
- Deliver annual sales, forecast, and promotional plans by account
- Recommend changes to sales structure and route to market in conjunction with senior management
- Identify and manage new business opportunities and new ways of working
- Total responsibility for brokers, distributors, retail chains for region including
but not limited to:
- Broker scorecard reviews
- Monthly ACV targets distribution
- Monthly distributor updates
- Broker quarterly reviews
- Cost Management for region including:
- Trade spend budget
- Margin calculator
- Deduction control
- Expense report management
- Broker contract management
- Annual region business plan
- Minimum of 2-3 retail headquarter calls per chain per year
- Market visits with SVP Sales
- Help organize and participate in 3 annual sales meetings and various trade shows
- Must be based in Eastern U.S.
- College degree and authorization to work in the U.S. is required
- 7-10 years sales experience Grocery East chains (dairy/frozen experience a strong
- 5+ years of broker management
- 5+ years of distributor management
- 3+ years managing people
- Demonstrable success of managing, influencing people. History in leading and
becoming an integral part of team.
- Demonstrable success managing change and growth. Demonstrable ability to analyze
numbers and create action plans.
- Ability to break down Nielsen information
- Formal analytic/sales training with a reputable company
- Working category management knowledge is a plus
- Expert presentation skills one-on-one and formalized group setting
- Excellent skills in the following areas: listening, presentation, negotiation, analysis,
customer service, selling, communication, organization
- Proficient in MS Office
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience plus health benefits, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.
Please e-mail applications with résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Director East – Grocery” in the subject line.